Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 7: Fridge stocking fun

Weight: 134.6

What I did today: I decided to take on off day since my right foot is still smarting. It's a little weird, after doing some kind of physical activity for four days straight I'm finding that I miss it. I made myself feel better by buying some new workout gear at Target (on sale, of course) and loading up on delicious yummies from the grocery store. And since I have nothing else better to do, I'll tell you what I got and why.


  • Skim milk. I love cereal forever and ever for breakfast, and I've always preferred skim.
  • Rotisserie Chicken. I hate cooking, but I can't eat out all of the time (sadly). I use a rotisserie chicken as a shortcut: I strip the meat off, separating the dark meat from the white, and freeze the chicken in one cup amounts in freezer bags. Deli meat never lasts long enough for me to eat it and I can throw the chicken in other things.
  • Whole wheat wraps. I tried one of these a few weeks ago when I realized that wraps are delicious and found these to actually be tastier than a regular tortilla. Shocker, right?
  • Apples! For snacks and juicing :)
  • Quinoa. Mostly bought this because it's so much fun to say. Keeen-waaaa! I figure I can throw some chicken or veggies with this for a nommy lunch.
  • Dried Apricots. I've never even had an apricot before, so this was a little risky. I had read recently dried apricots are an excellent source of potassium, even better than bananas. Which is great, because I hate bananas. Barf.
  • Cavatelli pasta & shredded Parmesan. Throw this with some olive oil and some broccoli and I'm pretty sure I'll have a tasty meal. I think.
  • Sun Chips. Needs no explanation.
  • Spinach. Taking Popeye's advice. I sauteed some with garlic and olive oil tonight to throw on my wrap for lunch tomorrow. I'll use a bunch in some juice later this week as well.
  • Assorted Green Giant steamer veggies. I love these things, it makes eating a side of veg with every meal ridiculously easy. No, these don't have cheese.
All for under fifty bucks :) Most of this should be easy to throw together for meals. I may start really trying to track my calories on MyFitnessPal to see if this helps me get all of my nutrition goals.

As for my foot pain, I've scheduled an appointment with a sports medicine doctor for next Tuesday. In the meantime, C25k is on hold and I'll be doing low impact exercises (my Slim in 6 DVDs, the elliptical, or if the weather is good a nice bike ride this weekend).

2 comments:

  1. A veggie that I love love love: Kale. Sauté this with fresh garlic and olive oil for a delicious hearty side. I also throw it in soups.

    ReplyDelete