Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 11 & 12: Workout video pain and cleared to "run" again

Weight: 133.2

What I did today (and yesterday): Slim in 6 was on the docket yesterday. Six months after I bought it and I'm still on the starter video. It's deceptively difficult - my arms are always burning when I do it. Since I need to really work on upper body strength in preparation for TM, I'm thinking I should really work through this. I'm tossing around the idea of waking up extra early and staring my day with SI6, then doing a different workout in the evening. Sounds like a good idea, until I remember that I am most certainly not a morning person.


Today my Camelbak came in, so I ran down to Saucon Valley Bikes and picked it up. Pretty bitchin, right? I was getting irritated with my crappy string bag bouncing around with my water bottle. This should cut down on the bouncing, plus it has reflectors, a key fob, and a handy pocket for my iPhone.

I also had my appointment with a sports medicine doctor today to see what's going on with my foot. After a few minutes of observation (in which I learned that I'm pretty much incapable of balancing on one foot), she said I have some wacky imbalances and some PT will help me greatly. Even better, she said I can get right back into C25k, and recommend just getting a very basic Dr. Scholls insert. Huzzah!

Tuesdays are Fit Club at the library, and tonight was Brazilian Butt Lift. Laugh all you want, but those workouts are killer. They always kick my decidedly non-Brazilian Butt. As a plus, now after the tenth or so time doing it, I'm pretty sure I've got the lambada down.

Finally, please keep your comments coming. I'm still having issues replying to comments, but I am reading them and they've all been really helpful. Thanks again everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment