Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 16 & 17: Still sleep deprived

Weight: 132.4

What I did today (and yesterday): Remember how I said I was going to really enjoy sleeping in on Saturday? Yeah, me too. Those were good times. Unfortunately, my cat Coco decided she wasn't down with that. At 7AM, on the dot, she started talking. Mrawh? Mrawh! MRAWH!

Sweet adorable kitten, or demonic furry alarm clock?

I tried to fall back asleep around 9AM, but by then it was too late. I spent the rest of my morning grocery shopping, including my first trip to the local health food store. That place is awesome. I loaded up on Almond Milk (for my Shakeology shakes), mixed nuts, raw wheat germ for my cereal, and a few other snacks. I'll be stopping by there often from now on.

My workout for the day was Slim in 6 Ramp it Up, the second video in the series. When I got the set, it said to do each video for two weeks, but for whatever reason when I scheduled the workouts online, it only had Start it Up for one day and then it went right into Ramp It Up. Boooooy was that a bad idea. I couldn't even do half of the moves. I finished the whole video though.

After that painful experience, I decided to do a hybrid program of Hip Hop Abs and Slim in 6. I'll alternate between the Hip Hop Abs 60 day schedule one day and do Slim in 6 the next. In the case of Slim in 6, I'll go up to the next level video only when I'm ready for it.

Today I went over to the Lehigh University outdoor track for Week 1 Day 2 (repeat) of C25k. Here's a summary of my thoughts while out there:
  • My new Camelbak is awesome.
  • Even though it was a little chilly the sun was out, which was nice.
  • Walking is fun!
  • Got my new inserts, but they aren't helping out at all. My knees honestly feel like they are breaking.
  • Oh my god, make the pain stop.
  • Repeat the last three bullets for 20 more minutes.
This was pretty disheartening. Again. I really really really hope my physical therapy appointments will help with this, otherwise I have no idea what I'm going to do. I need to be able to run at least part of the Tough Mudder course.

I spent the rest of the day resting my poor, tired muscles and trolling the internet. I also made a handy dandy spreadsheet to keep track of my diet in terms of the tiers from Michi's Ladder. I use myfitnesspal to log my calories, but I was bored and want to get an average each day of my diet "score." Today was 2.4!

Mmm delicious pizza

Finally I'd like to share this easy recipe with you. I'm really not a big fan of cooking, so anything I make has got to be incredibly easy. It can't get easier than this.
  • Whole Wheat or Multigrain Pita
  • Pizza Sauce
  • Fresh Mozzarella (I use the pearlini so I don't even have to cut the mozzarella)
  • Whatever else you want (basil, mushrooms, olive oil, etc)
Just preheat your oven to 350, and put about two tablespoons of pizza sauce on the pita (pick the side that's more bowl shaped). Then just add your mozz on top, and pop in the oven on a cookie sheet. Cook until cheese is melted, or around 8 minutes. That's it. The best part? It's only around 300 calories. Oh, and it tastes awesome too :) You can also use a tablespoon of pesto instead of pizza sauce and put some fresh tomato on it. I'll be making a batch of these but instead of cooking them, I'll wrap them in aluminum foil and stick them in the freezer. That way when I'm extremely lazy and in the mood for pizza, BAM! I've got dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment