Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 14: Presents from FedEx!

Weight: 131.0 (!!!!)

What I did today: Yesterday was a much needed day off. I wasn't as sore as I was the day before, but with the crappy weather my knees were pretty cranky. But I came home to find this on my doorstep:


Squee!!! I ordered the Hip Hop Abs Deluxe package, which included all sorts of extra goodies, including the weighted gloves. When I first started using Team Beachbody videos, this is what I was introduced to. I had so much fun with HHA, but when I decided to buy my first set, I went with Slim in 6 to try something different. I really enjoy Slim in 6, but I would always find myself missing Shaun T's awesome energy (you may know him from his more recent workout Insanity).

Today when I got home I just had to pop in my old friend Fat Burning Cardio. I must be in better shape than I thought, I didn't have any problems finishing it which I distinctly remember not being the case when I first started it. I even remembered all of the moves, even though it's been at least six months since I did it. I ended the workout with Slim & Limber, I really needed a good stretch.

Also today I really put the focus on what I'm eating. I've been using Michi's Ladder to try to make better food decisions. It's basically a tiered food system where you try and eat as much as you can in the top two tiers out of five tiers. I think I did a pretty decent job today. If you don't what a breakdown of everything I ate today just skip the rest of this post :)

Breakfast: 1 bowl of Special K (T2) with skim milk (T1), and coffee (T2) also with skim milk
Lunch: Shakeology chocolate shake (no tier but I'm pretty sure it's T1), very small piece of homemade pizza with fresh mozz & pesto (T5).
Afternoon Snack: Gala Apple (T1) with two tablespoons of Skippy peanut butter (T4)
Dinner: 4 oz of chicken breast (T2), roasted garlic quinoa (T1), and steamed broccoli (T1)

Not bad for a first try, I think. The pizza on the chart is delivery pizza so I think what I ate was at least marginally better, and the only reason I had the peanut butter (actually, not the only reason, I love peanut butter) was because I was over two hundred calories short of my calorie target before exercise. I felt like I was eating all freaking day, but it still wasn't enough. Go figure. I think it's going to take a while to get used to this.

5 comments:

  1. Sagra has a drink named after you?? (just noticed the sidebar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yes they do! And you just noticed it because I just added it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what exactly is a Jessica made of?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vodka and ice and everything nice :) It's similar to a cosmo, except not a martini.

    ReplyDelete