Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 21-24: In the exercise doldrums

Weight: 132.4 (One night of eating and drinking and BAM! I'm back up a pound. Grr)

What I did the past few days: Sorry I've been slacking lately with the blog posts. There hasn't been much to report, honestly, and I've been running around like crazy.

Thursday was Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio (technically Day 2 of the program), and I made my best attempt at finishing my PT exercises (read: I didn't finish them). Friday I had my second PT appointment, but there was a substitute instead of my normal girl. He recommended that I get custom orthotics, which I'm down with, but my doctor has to approve them first. He also mentioned that I shouldn't run at all until I get them. Sigh.

I should have done Day 3 of HHA when I got home but I ran out of time, so I started back up on Saturday & Sunday. I was able to finish all of my physical therapy exercises on both days. It may be in my head but I feel like I am walking somewhat differently.

I'm itching to get back into running, so this has been pretty frustrating. I also feel like I'm not doing enough in general right now, even though I'm exercising almost every day. I'd do more but honestly the one thing stopping me is that I'll burn more calories, and I don't feel like eating more food to make up for it. Uggh.

I need to get out of this funk. I love HHA and want to keep doing it but I need something more to add to it. I'll keep pondering, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there - Just wanted to post to say 'hi' and say it's great to see your journey and the various ups and downs...

    I'm in Melbourne, Australia, and also preparing for my first Tough Mudder here in April. Funnily enough, i think we both started our blogs right around the same time! (toughmuddler.blogspot.com)

    Best of luck, and keep up the hard work :) I'll look forward to hearing the rest of your preparations, learning what I can from you, and looking forward to the race report at the end in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog while I was searching the web the other day. I can honestly say - Your blog has inspired me to actually make my own and hopefully help me with my weight loss!! I'm obese, but my goal is to do Tough Mudder. Even if I have to walk it and not run it! I'm not planning on 2012's. I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world and thank you! thank you for finally kicking my butt in gear and getting me on the ball. Now go kick Tough Mudders butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. E- That's so cool! Looks like you're farther ahead than me at least :) I agree with your wife by the way, you need to stretch!

    Elli, wow, I'm so glad that I could help you get the confidence to start! I think the biggest advice I could pass on is to take baby steps. Start with little things with your diet, start exercising once a week, then twice, etc. That way you don't overwhelm yourself. I also highly recommend a home workout program like the ones I've been doing. They really take a lot of the excuses out of working out, and you can do it in the privacy of home. Best of luck to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete