Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 37: I'm still alive...barely

Weight: 129.6 (heeeeelll yeah!)

What I've been doing: I know it's been a while since I've posted (ten days apparently), so maybe you've been thinking that I've given up. Quite the opposite actually. I've just been completely worn out and too tired to post. Here's what an average day looks like:
  • Wake up
  • Work all day
  • Get home and change
  • Workout for an hour
  • Cook dinner
  • Clean house
  • Pass out
Exciting stuff, huh? I think I just got creamed by the holidays. So my apologies, one of my resolutions this year will to stay on top of this.

Since I last checked in, I've been doing mostly Hip Hop Abs and physical therapy. I'm on Day 15 now and I'm already seeing a big difference. I have abs underneath the pudge, which is also slowly disappearing. I'm excited to see where I'll be in 15 more days. If I look good enough, I may even post before and after pictures (don't hold your breath).

Today was a big day for me, my physical therapist said I could go for a real run. Since it's been so long, I had to start (again) on Week 1 of Couch to 5k. The weather was amazing today, just under 60 degrees and sunny, so I went down to the rail trail. The pain is still there a little, but nothing I can't manage thankfully. I am really hoping it'll be gone all together when I get my custom orthotics next week.

During the cool down walk, I still felt the urge to run so I went for it, counting how many seconds I could go. I got to ninety seconds before I stopped (and I could have kept going). This may not sound like a lot to you, but that is the longest I have run in years. So I'm going to count that as a win.

Well I'm off to go drink some champagne and ring in 2012. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work! You're gonna kick this race's ass. PS: I totally stole your countdown widget. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete