Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 18-20: I need a massage

Weight: 131.8

What I did the past few days: This post may not be super coherent, I'm completely exhausted tonight. Monday I started the Hip Hop Abs 60 day program. Nothing special to report, other than I love HHA, but you already knew that.

Yesterday was Fit Club at the library, and we did one of Chalean's videos. Honestly, I'm not sure which one. I kind of lump all of her videos into one category: torture. They just make me want to die. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people love her workouts. I'm just not one of them.

The reason? All the pain I'm in today. I really should have done a longer stretch afterwards. Everything hurts today. I guess this should be a good thing, but right now it sure doesn't feel like it. Thankfully today is my day off.

I finally had my first physical therapy appointment today. The PT noticed that my illotibial band is messed up, which is the reason my knee feels like it's going to break when I'm running. So she loaded me up with some daily at-home exercises and stretches to help with that. They must be working, because it already feels like my muscles in my right leg are completely rearranging themselves.

She also had me get a foam roller, which if you've never seen one it basically looks like a pool noodle, except a ton fatter. I basically roll my leg on it in a Twister-like position on the spots that hurt. And man, does it hurt. I was clued in when both the PT and the guy at the place I bought it from said the same thing. It's the best kind of hurt though, and if you exercise regularly I highly recommend one.

Alright, tired girl out. Back to work tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. I know a few massage therapists, if you want recs shoot me an email and I shall throw some at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I also need a massage right now to relax my nerves! I bet you felt relaxed after the therapy. It would be much better to have daily exercises such as what you are doing. How are you now?

    Anton Houskeeper

    ReplyDelete