Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 25-27: Stupid pulled muscles

Weight: 133.4. I am really bad at saying no at Christmas parties. Delicious food though. Worth it?

What I did the past few days: Still working through Hip Hop Abs since I can't do much else. Monday was Fat Burning Cardio and I still haven't gotten sick of that workout. What I love about it is that there's different levels of intensity in it, so you can keep doing the same workout but push yourself more. When I first started I had to do all of the modified moves but now I'm at the point where I'm jumping along with Shaun T.

Speaking of, he'll be doing a guest spot in our area in March - I am so going and getting all fan girl about it.


Now do you see why I workout to his videos?

Tuesday I woke up at 5:30 to get my workout in since I'd be going to a party in the evening. On the docket was Ab Sculpt, which I'm not as comfortable with. About 10 minutes in I started to feel a burn in my back. After five more minutes I had to stop. Yup, pulled muscle. I could hardly move. I managed to get ready for the day, but I'm pretty sure my cat thinks I'm a zombie now after all the moaning I was doing.

I popped some Advil and started icing it, and it started to get better with a few setbacks (physical therapy was rough). Then in the middle of the night last night I woke up barely able to move again. Pop Advil, ice, repeat.  Luckily today is my off day, but it better clear up by the end of the day today.

On a side note, a few weeks ago an old friend of mine signed up for TM (same date and place as me, thank god) and is also blogging about her experience. Every time I read one of her posts I pee in my pants a little (metaphorically). Check out her blog here at Get in Shape to Die.

Last but not least, this weekend was World's Toughest Mudder. It wasn't too far from my house, and I was a little mad at myself for not getting off my ass to check it out. Then I remembered it was cold. Anyway, so I think that regular TM is bad. That's only three hours or so. WTM takes the insanity to a whole new level. As previously mentioned, it's much colder. Oh, and yeah, IT'S TWENTY-FOUR HOURS LONG. The competitors run as many laps of TM as they can. The crazy part? People actually finish it.

Click here to see my new heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment