Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 6: ow ow ow

Weight: 135.2

What I did today: Today was day 3 of week 1 of C25k. I got off work early enough to run home and get started before it got dark outside. Brrr! The temperature was supposedly 45 or so but it felt a lot cooler. After the 2nd set of running my arch pain came back with a vengeance. It wasn't as bad as the knee pain but it's clearly a sign of something else. I've know that I overpronate (basically I'm flatfooted) and have shoes to help with that, but back when I was walking I was still having issues so I got extra inserts which made a difference. But now I'm pretty sure those inserts were causing major knee pain when I was running. Needless to say I'm feeling pretty disheartened.

After my run I ran over to the library and picked up "Running Injury-Free by Joe Ellis (according to the book plate a donation from The Rodale Press," thanks guys!) and I'm already halfway through. It's kind of terrifying to read. The author keeps talking about horror stories of injuries that were never treated and bones just snapping all over the place. Did you know that women are more likely to get a running injury? Me neither. Apparantly it's those child-bearing hips. Grr. Now I'm trying to deliberate whether I should go by a new pair of sneakers or just cut to the chase and go to a physical therapist. I'll see what the rest of the book says, maybe there's still hope. If anyone had success with a PT in the past please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment