Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 3: If I can do this hungover, I can do anything

Weight: 135.6 (scale still broken?)
What I did today: C25k W1D2, Slim in 6 Slim & Limber

Last night was my ten year high school reunion, so I did what most normal people do: drank copious amounts of alcohol. My apologies to anyone I embarrassed last night, and thanks to a friend who drove me home (it was either that or a taxi).


I woke up this morning feeling pretty rough. After a few cups of coffee I finally got my butt outside to start Day 2 of Week 2 in Couch25k, which is the same as day one except five minutes longer. After discussing the major amounts of pain I was in on Day 1 with other people and all of them telling me "Yeah, that's not normal," I ended up taking the extra inserts out of my sneakers. PAIN IS NOW GONE. I could have danced, except I was too busy RUNNING! After a while I was starting to get sore, but nothing like the pain I was dealing with the first time. I had bought those inserts for extra support while walking (the arch in my right foot is collapsing and it really comes out when I walk).

I also downloaded the Couch25k app (thanks Janna!) which prompts you when to walk and run. This is a zillion times better than trying to count the seconds down and having people stare at me like I'm since I can't do this in my head. The app could work better - it kept messing with the volume of my music and I had to restart the program when stupid Apple Shuffle decided to stop playing. I downloaded the free version but will probably upgrade to the paid when the week is up.

I'm horrible at stretching, so when I got home I popped it Slim & Limber. Ohhhh my god I feel like a bowl of Jello now. Slim & Limber is a nice 15 minute stretching program that came with my Slim in 6 DVDs, a great workout program that I've been using for a while now. Now I'm convinced that the whole set was worth it just for that stretch.

I'm starting to get really excited, I might actually be able to do this. Maybe?

(Note: If you want to know more about Slim in 6, please let me know. A friend of mine is a TeamBeachbody coach and I like to support her when I can as she's been my biggest supporter in trying to get in shape)

No comments:

Post a Comment