Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 53: The Week of Epic Awesomeness begins

Weight: 130.8

So last week totally blew chunks. It started out well - I went for a run on the rail trail (the weather was gorgeous) and my orthotics fit great. That's when things started going downhill. Sunday I woke up sick, so I just laid in bed all day long. Not much I can do about that, I needed to let my body heal. But then that started a lazy chain of events. Monday I did only one of my HHA workouts (I was supposed to do two, but felt too wiped out). Tuesday was good, we did Cardio Groove in Fit Club which was a ton of fun (not to mention Coach Ali said I've been really improving. I'm not sure if she's making it up or not but it makes me feel awesome all the same). Wednesday was my off day, then Thursday I had a meeting that went too long and I skipped my workout. Friday and Saturday I did HHA, then Sunday I missed another workout, but I did climb stairs for about ten minutes to make up for it.

That may not sound bad to you, but I am supposed to be working out six days a week at this point. Not to mention I didn't run at all. That's bad news. So today I decided that I need to get my ass in gear. Hence, The Week of Epic Awesomeness. Look, I even made a list!

Try as I might I cannot get this to rotate.

It's not a lot, but I think it's enough to keep me moving. The steps are a pretty high goal that I know I can manage, and it's keep my energy up all day. The pushups are going to help with the upper arm strength that I'm sorely lacking (HHA doesn't work your arms very much). I'll be blogging every day this week too in an effort to get me to write more than every ten days. I know the cleaning doesn't really cross over into this blog, but it's something I've been letting slip since I started this whole process.

Today was great. Here's what fitbit logged:
I also finished Day 30 of Hip Hop Abs. I get my day off tomorrow, and then it's to a whole new set of videos which is really exciting. I got all ten pushups in (I know, I'm so weak), and cleaned my bathroom. I should also probably be focusing on my diet a little more since that's been slipping but I think that might be a wee bit too much this week. I'll make good food decisions as long as they aren't going to take a huge effort.

So again, sorry I haven't been checking in. I will make it an effort to post every day this week and see if I can come up with some fun stuff to talk about. I hope your week is as epic and awesome as mine will be!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel GRAND now. Much better. Like I'm on a rollercoaster that only goes up, my friend. But thanks anyway :) *does the I'M NOT SICK DANCE* (I might be slightly overexcited about my return to health)

    ReplyDelete