Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 43: It's a beautiful day!

Weight: 129.6 (back down again!)

What I've been doing: This has been a great week for me. I"m on Week 2 of Couch to 5k and progressing nicely and still going with Hip Hop Abs every day (today is my off day, tomorrow is Day 23 of 60). For Christmas I got an awesome new fitbit which tracks my steps as well as floors climbed, and I've been really pushing myself with it. I've already logged 153,000 steps (66 miles) and have climbed 321 floors. I'm really digging this thing - the social aspect of it pushes me more than a regular pedometer. I'm even in a group that has converted the world's highest seven summits into floors and you try to "climb" them all.

Today has been particularly awesome. On my way to work I got a glimpse of one of those awesome sunrises where the clouds are rippled with a bazillion different colors. It's really tough not to stay in a good mood after that. Even better, on my way home the sunset was almost as good. Here's the pic I snagged:



The best thing today though? I finally got my orthotics! Took a little while to get fitted, and when they were done I threw on my gym clothes and went for a run on site (the center has a great indoor track). It was like night and day! I ran four or five laps and the only thing that slowed me down was running out of breath. I didn't even do my normal foot shuffle, it was a real run! It was one of those "hallelujah" moments, where the choir starts signing and the clouds part so the sun can shine right down on you. HEEEELLL YEEAAAHH!

Tomorrow I'm taking these babies down to the rail trail as long as the weather holds. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. friggin SWEET. keep it up kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You're incredible! Thanks!
    Squeem Magical Lingerie Shapewear, Firm Compression, Cotton & Rubber, Vest

    ReplyDelete