Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 39: Oooh she's a vegetarian

Weight: 132.0 :(

What I've been doing: Yesterday the weather was still pretty warm so I went back down to the rail trail for a bike ride. My friend met me down there, which was good, because I don't think I would have gone a mile otherwise. After a post-biking nap I did my daily HHA video - Total Body Burn this time. It wasn't smart to pair that one up with biking, there's a ton of squats in it so my quads were on fire.

At the end of the day I realized that except for one measly slice of turkey, I went the whole day vegetarian. Just for fun, I decided that today I would skip meat the whole day. I'm not trying to go vegetarian all together, just trying something new.

I started the day with organic shredded wheat cereal with cinnamon and the required coffee. After lying around a bit I went shopping and brought one of my shakes with me for an early part of lunch. Then I went to my parents who have a treadmill to run. For the first time since starting this over a month ago, I finally did Day 1 of Week 2 of C25k. It was a little rough but I got through it.

When I got home I made the second part of my lunch: a slice of buttered whole wheat toast with one scrambled egg. I've never really liked scrambled eggs. Actually, I hate them. I'm working on trying new things or foods I didn't like before so why not? Halfway through the egg I decided that I still hate them.

After lunch I did some stair climbing (over 50 floors today according to my fitbit!) and Day 17 of HHA. For dinner I scarfed down this delicious meal:


Who says diet food sucks?

I made organic risotto with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, wheat toast with butter, and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette, fat free croutons (they don't taste fat free FYI) and slivered almonds. I'm still stuffed. All this was only 424 calories. The only thing missing was a glass of wine. Sadly I drank all of mine and the liquor store was closed today.

Now it's time to relax with a new episode of Hoarders :) I've earned it.

1 comment:

  1. I frequently get told I "look like a vegetarian". I don't actually know what that means.

    ReplyDelete